Stage 5 – Community service – building new leaders
First school camp experience
Serving the community provides a number of leadership learning opportunities. Students experientially must plan, experience, reflect and adapt to the unique situations that they will encounter at the different communities around our centres.
The students benefit in the following ways:
- Hands-on application to increase academic knowledge
- Accommodation of different learning styles
- Interaction with people of diverse cultures and lifestyles
- Moral and ethical growth
The integrated program is provided to equally benefit the student and our local communities around our centres.
Over a 3 day program students will explore the following educational outcomes:
- Introduction to leadership
- Communication and listening skills
- Problem solving and decision making
Students participate in a series of local community service projects that serve that builds their leadership skills. Students are given the opportunity to reflect on their planning and implementation of their service project.
This program is at our Toukley centre.