Join Lutanda for a fulfilling career
Do you have a passion to change lives for eternity
in a Christian Ministry?
Lutanda has opportunities for you to serve, and we invite you to apply.
Catering Manager - Mount Victoria
Lutanda Children’s Services is looking for a permanent Catering Manager to work at our Mount Victoria site. Mt Victoria is in an exciting growth stage including upgrading the property, growing its outreach programs and delivering Outdoor Education programs to schools that focus on building character within individuals and their relationships with one another. We offer our site to people of all backgrounds as we demonstrate Jesus’ love in word and deed every day, every time.
We are looking for a vibrant and enthusiastic individual to join our team at our Mt Victoria site near Sydney, NSW. Your main responsibilities are to manage Lutanda Mt Victoria’s kitchen and catering for small and large groups of guests, ensuring the expectations of guests are consistently met and exceeded. The position reports directly to the Mt Victoria Centre Manager. This is a full-time role with weekend work expected.
The successful applicants should have:
- 5-10 years of experience in a commercial kitchen environment
- current safe food handling certificate
- experience in preparing food for large groups
- experience in leading a team
- experience in setting and maintaining high level of cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen across all shifts
- experience and creativity in setting menus
- experience for purchasing, rostering, menu development and budget control
An appropriate package will be offered. This may suit someone living in or considering moving to the Katoomba to Lithgow area.
Who is Lutanda?
Lutanda is a Christian Camping and Outdoor Education ministry working with youth connected with Christian Community Churches of Australia. We minister to youth in schools, churches, with intellectual disabilities and those in the out of home care system to improve their lives in difficult situations and help them see the relevance of Jesus in their lives today. We serve churches and community groups by providing a great place for a retreat to strengthen your faith in Jesus. Check out more about us at Lutanda.org.au.
Please send your resume to Tim Legge – email@example.comApply now
Outdoor Activity Program Staff - Camp Toukley
Casual Positions Available
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and vibrant Program Staff to join our Program Team at our Toukley centre on the Central Coast of NSW. The Program Staff position is casual, and would suit someone who loves the outdoors and working with people, particularly children and youth.
We have a number of positions available and while there is no specific closing date we are aiming to begin training in late August / early September for our Spring/Summer season.
The main objective of the Outdoor Activity Program Staff is to ensure our campers have an enjoyable and challenging experience through facilitating outdoor program activities and engaging guests in a Christian camp centre environment. This position reports to the Program Manager.
The main responsibilities of Program Staff include:
- Running various outdoor adventure activities including high element (Giant Swing, Flying Fox, High Ropes etc.), water and other activities (Canoes, Quad Bikes, Archery etc.), with all safety aspects being the highest priority (on-the-job training provided)
- Supervising large groups of children and youth whilst running activities
- Assisting in the setup, pack down, care and maintenance of activities and activity equipment
- Assisting in the Hosting Camp Groups, including welcoming and engaging teachers and campers
- General Camp Duties, including helping serve meals, setting/packing up facilities and cleaning
- Working a variety of shift times, including midweek and weekends
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people that have a passion for working with children and youth outdoors, and are able to effectively engage and communicate with people. You will need to adaptable and ready to help wherever needed.
As the position may also involve Christian ministry, successful applicants are required to demonstrate an active Christian faith. It is also a requirement to have a Working with Children Check on commencement.
Who is Lutanda Camp Toukley?
Lutanda is a Christian Camping and Outdoor Education ministry working with youth. Our heartbeat is to show the love of Jesus in word and deed to the youth of today. We minister to youth in schools, churches and community groups, including out of home care and intellectually disabled young people. Our Camp Toukley site is located adjacent to Tuggerah Lake on the NSW Central Coast and has been a place where young people have been encountering God through people and creation for over 60 years. Check out more about us at www.lutanda.org.au.
Applications for the position of Program Staff should include a résumé with at least two referees, including one from a Pastor. Applications can be forwarded via the button below. If you would like more information on the position, please contact the Program Manager or on 02 4355 3560.Apply now